Three tier dark chocolate & hazelnut sponge & mousse cake with flavoured edible flowers.
Single tier thirteen layer cake with silver & blue chocolate centre piece on designed clear acrylic stand.
Royal Wedding Cake - Violet & Lemon produced for The Circle channel 10.
Pistachio & Lemon Cake 100th birthday celebration.
Cake sketch design is done freehand by Ian or Darren.
An example of the sketch a client will receive.
Choose from over 300 flavours, texture or finishes from our unique flavour & food pairing wall. (image. Dean Cambray)
We have been busy with bespoke cake creations almost from the very first day of Sweet Studio and we get large amounts of enquiries as to how to go about designing your own cake. This post will help explain some the the intricacies and answer some of the frequently asked questions.
Of course we do the designing but we take into consideration the following points before a quotation:
- The event - to establish themes and appropriate design direction.
- Number of persons - for scale and size of creation.
- Is it for dessert or for a smaller piece with coffee - again for scale & size.
- Favourite flavours - we can create any flavour combination but if you had anything in mind..
- Will it need to sit out for a long period of time - to determine the composition and structure of the creation
- Is a stand required - we can design and produce our own clear acrylic stands to suit and recommend this option
- Is there a design in mind or is the client happy to leave it to our creative side - we are very happy to use our years of experience to create a one off for you
- Any allergies to consider - we are able to produce vegan and vegetarian creations, make sponges without gluten and creams without dairy. We can produce nut free creations but we advise that the cake will be made at Sweet Studio where we use nuts so we cannot guarantee the absence of traces.
- What sort of decoration is in mind - We specialise in chocolate cakes and the finishes to our cakes are predominantly chocolate velvet sprayed with bespoke chocolate spheres or chocolate piece however we are not limited to this.
- Is it to be delivered and installed by our team or picked up at the studio - We are happy to deliver, set up & install. Additional charges apply.
- Any other information that might be of use to us as designers - Give us as much information as possible and we will tailor to your requirements.
This procedure can be done face to face during one of our late night Thursday cake consultations at Sweet Studio or via email. Once all of the information is collated we will send a free quote & sketch design to the client. We want to give a personal service to our clients and provide them with a stunning, practical and unique creation.
All initial enquiries for our unique service should start by emailing email@example.com or calling 03 9827 7060 or popping into the studio to make an appointment.
We hope we can make your celebration truly spectacular.