21 June 2011

MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA SEASON 3 DESSERT RECIPE


After Darren's close call in the chef challenge against Kate last week on Masterchef the sweet studio has been buzzing with all things caramel, banana & rum. We have had lots of inquiries for cakes and we are struggling to keep up with demand for the reworked version of the dish for the cake cabinet. We have also had masses of keen amateur chefs asking for the recipe and for tips in recreating their own version. Here is a link to the Masterchef website which has a pdf of the recipe for you to download. Give it a go and see if you can do as well as Kate did the other night. Please feel free to post comments or questions and we will get back to you with answers and solutions as soon as we can. Good luck!

Recipe:
http://www.masterchef.com.au/caramelised-white-chocolate-mousse-banana--vanilla-and-passion-fruit.pdf

http://www.masterchef.com.au/caramelised-white-chocolate-mousse-banana--vanilla-and-passion-fruit.htm\

9 comments:

Junior MasterChef 2010 - Australia Cooking Show said...

I have written an article regarding a cooking game in Australia where in the contestants are merely kids but all have a potential in cooking. if you are not familirized with the show maybe you can read it at http://paidcritique.blogspot.com/2011/06/junior-masterchef-2010-australia.html


hope you like! :)

Junior MasterChef 2010 - Pierre Khoury said...

many of my child friends and fans love Pierre and they have requested my to create a blog that contains some of there message. if you like you can read it at http://paidcritique.blogspot.com/2011/06/junior-masterchef-2010-pierre-khoury.html

:)

Anonymous said...

I have managed to source most of the ingredients apart from freeze dried banana powder - where can you get that?

Carpet Cleaning said...

This recipe is simple and I imagine that it will fabulous to do it. And yes can I just use banana powder made from banana chips?

Darren Purchese said...

Thanks for trying it out! Powder from banana chips will do the job just fine.

Melbourne Food Ingredient Depot stock a range of freeze dried fruit powders.

Cheers guys and good luck

Chris Thang said...

Gave it a shot - and it came out great. Getting that caramel white chocolate flavor is really hard - wasn't using one of those 1 kg jaina blocks so fair enough. Same problem as Darren with the jelly though, I substituted gelatine and I think I chucked in too much malibu - didn't set right. Thanks for the great recipe, I put up a photo of my result here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65531703@N04/5965267661/in/photostream .By the way banana prices these days...

Anonymous said...

Would love to give this recipe a try! But, how do I make the velvet spray? What was the sprayer that was used? And where can I get hold of this equipment? Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Really want to give this recipe a try, but is there something covering the straight banana? It looks like there is, but i cant see anything mentioned in the recipe.

Thanks.

Office Carpet Cleaning said...

I am having a party this weekend and I really don't know what dessert to prepare for my visitors and I think I will try your recipe.

All the best from carpet cleaning Northwood.